Safety 1st Multi-Purpose Appliance Lock | Black & White | 2 Pack
To prevent a "buffet dinner" from escaping the refrigerator. Your clone will not be able to open the appliance of your choice. Being a new parent is all about discovering the little things you never pay attention to that your children find all-consuming and interesting. Some of the most common and most frustrating discoveries for your child to make are kitchen appliances, specifically the refrigerator. Once your child discovers the ease of opening the refrigerator, which as you know he or she has seen you do time and time again, you can expect to walk into certain situations.
The Safety 1st Multi-Purpose Appliance Lock helps keep children from accessing potentially dangerous appliances. It is a small light adjustable lock that is ideal for the freezer, refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher or whatever appliance you deem necessary. This strap attaches easily to your appliance and helps keep children from opening them.
With the one-time snap adjustment, it’s easy to customize the straps to fit to your appliance. Simple snap the strap to the correct length and place it using the easy adhesive attachment method. This way you can access the appliances and place the locks high enough so your child cannot access them and they won’t be able to do the all-consuming exploring they want.
NOTE: NOT for use on oven doors, stoves, doors or as a window lock.
*Packaging may vary*
Watch Our Safety 1st Multi-Purpose Appliance Lock Product Review Below
- Toddler tested and proven to be a stronger child appliance lock
- Ideal for the refrigerator, freezer, microwave and dishwasher
- Attaches easily to the appliance with one-time snap adjustment
- Secure press-and-pull lock helps keep appliance closed
- Flexible strap allows for latching around corner of appliance
- Helps keep children from opening your appliance
- Easy for adults to use and install
- No drilling required
- Proven to be stronger compared to leading competitors in mechanical pull force tests – and with real-life toddlers (as of June 2018)
- Brand: Safety 1st
- Type: Child Safety Guards & Appliance Lock
- Material Type: Plastic
- Material Composition: Lead-Free
- Color: Available in White and Black
- Age Group: Toddler/Infants
- Number in Package: 2
Help keep your little explorer safe with the Multi-Purpose Appliance Lock. This product can be used as a refrigerator lock and dishwasher lock. Buy now here at Child Safety Store.
Safety 1st Multi-Purpose Appliance Lock Installation
BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
- Read all instructions before installing.
- Keep these instructions for future use.
- Remove all contents from packaging and discard box, and/or poly bags.
- Lay out and identify all parts.
How To Install Safety 1st Multi-purpose Child Appliance Lock
- Determine where to install multi-purpose latch. Suggested locations are listed below:
- Entertainment Centers
- Cabinet Drawers
- For better adhesion, clean the surface where adhesive is to be applied with alcohol or according to appliance/furniture manufacturer’s recommendations. Allow surface to thoroughly dry.
- Remove protective covering from both adhesive pads.
- Press the latch onto the fixture or appliance in the desired position, making sure the strap is taut.
- To unlock latch, press catch to release.
NOTE: Allow adhesive to cure for 24 hours before use.
Important Safety Information
Check for security after installation by tugging firmly on the door or drawer. If the lock does not securely hold the door when tugged, adjust the lock to obtain a secure connection.
To keep this product effective for as long as possible, avoid letting children see how you operate child safety devices. Watching you disengage a lock, latch or cover could enable them to learn sooner how to defeat it.
How to Remove
Carefully pull corners of multi-purpose latch. Wipe off adhesive with a soft cloth and warm soapy water or roll adhesive off of surface with fingers and clean the surface according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
How to Clean
Wipe with a clean, damp cloth.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How easy are these to remove?
A: These can be removed by carefully pulling corners of the multi-purpose latch. Wipe off adhesive with a soft cloth and warm soapy water or roll the adhesive off surface with fingers and clean the surface according to the appliance manufacturer’s instructions.
Q: Would this work for an oven lock?
A: No, this item is not made for stoves or ovens.
Q: Could this be used to keep a toilet lid closed?
A: Yes, you can use it for that purpose as well!
Q: Will this stick to the textured side panel?
A: Yes, it will stick to a textured side panel.
Q: Does this work on stainless steel?
A: Yes, it will work on stainless steel.
Q: Can this be used for a dryer?
A: The Safety 1st appliance lock can also be used on a dryer however it depends on how warm the installation location gets on your dryer unit. A dryer that warms significantly can decrease the life of the adhesive on the lock.
Q: Will this stick to the textured side panel on my refrigerator?
A: Yes, the adhesive pad will stick to the side of a textured refrigerator.
Q: Can you use this appliance lock on a side-by-side door refrigerator?
A: It may work, however, the doors on a side by side may still open slightly and would put additional stress on the latch.