- One kit is required for each side of the gate being mounted to a banister. Install right out of the box for square or rounded posts at the top or bottom of the stairwell.
- Can be used at the top or bottom of stairs and is easy to install for use on top or bottom of stairs with both hardware or pressure mounted safety gates. Use simple tools to assemble this child safety gate.
- The hardware is designed to fit square posts 2 1/2″ – 3 5/8″ wide
- Can be used with included insert for round post installation
Item model number: K12
Product Type: Child Safety Gate Installation Kit
Item Weight: 2.2 pounds
Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 5.5 x 36 inches
Number of Items: 1
Material: Wood, Plastic
Batteries Required: No
Care & Cleaning: Spot or wipe clean
Assembly Required: Yes
Installation Required: Yes
Tools Needed to Assemble: Basic tools like a Phillips Screwdriver
Why Buy KidCo Stairway Gate Installation Kit from Child Safety Store
This KidCo Stairway Gate Installation Kit is designed to fit any size stair gate that is being mounted to a banister. This is ideal for parents and homeowners hoping to protect their children from the potential dangers of unguarded stairs in their home as they can pose a danger to their children.
Since there are many different brands of child safety gates available on the market, it can be difficult to find a one size fits all gate design. The Stairway Gate Installation Kit by KidCo contains all of the materials and fasteners necessary to properly install any child safety gate to stairway banisters, without required you to drill into the wood.
The kit requires the use of basic tools, which you likely already have in your home, making this kit ideal for any homeowner. One KidCo safety gate installation kit is required for each side of the gate that is being mounted, so it’s important to plan accordingly especially if you plan to install at gate at both the top and bottom of your stairs. The hardware in this kit is designed to fit square posts 2 1/2″ – 3 5/8″ wide or use the included insert for round post installation.
Stairs pose a real danger to families with small children in their home. Reports indicate that every six minutes, a child under the age of 5 falls down the stairs and that nearly 932,000 children younger than 5 were sent to the emergency room between 1999 and 2008. Protect your children by installing a childproof safety gate from KidCo.
Our child safety experts are always available to answer any questions you may have about child safety products we are selling, and how to childproof your home so you can turn it into a safe haven for your little ones.
Child Safety Store is your one stop source for any infant and child home safety and childproofing products. Shop KidCo’s Stairway Gate Installation Kit here at ChildSafetyStore.com!
Why Install A Safety Baby Gate
Safety baby gates create a safe and secure environment for young children inside your home. Baby gates at the top or bottom of stairwells create safe playing zines for children by closing off areas of the house that are unsafe for children without adult supervision. These places typically are the kitchen or bathroom, or any room in the home that has potential for accidents. For parents that want to ensure a level of safety inside their home, we suggest using baby gates to create areas for their children to access for play.
Benefits of Installing A Baby Safety Gate
- Protects your baby or young child from potential accidents
- Provides you a level of security and peace of mind that your children are safe around the home
- Creates play zones and areas where your child can have fun
- Separates your children from pets or harmful rooms
Order Your Child Safety Gate From Child Safety Store
- Our KidCo Stairway Gate Installation Kit is a favorite among parents. Here are 3 reasons why:
- Easy and simple to install our safety baby gate at the top or bottom of any stairwell
- Certified and approved by the latest safety standards
- Sturdy and reliable, our safety baby gate will last a lifetime!
Learn More About The KidCo Brand
The KidCo story begins in 1994 when they introduced the first metal safety gates to the US market. Since then, KidCo has developed and manufactured a series of safety gates and accessories for families with young children. The Gateway, KidCo’s first child safety gate, was a new product design that used a pressure mounted, walk through gate.
Made with quality materials, KidCo gates are made with durable materials with robotic welding and fitting. Plastic parts are made with nylon and fiberglass to ensure strength and longevity.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Will this work on a metal banister or railing?
Yes, as long as it is of a similar dimension as the wood bannister.
Will this kit work on all safety gates?
This kit will work for most gates providing it is being mounted to a banister.
What size wooden square post will fit with this stairway gate installation kit?
Our KidCo Stairway Gate Installation Kit is designed to fit square posts 2 1/2″ – 3 5/8″ wide.
Can this be used at the top and bottom of my stairwell?
Yes! The KidCo Stairway Gate Installation Kit can be used on both the bottom and top of the stairwell.
Will this work with a round wooden banister?
Using the included insert, you will be able to install the stairway gate on a rounded banister or post.