- Helps keep curious children out of refrigerators, cabinets, dishwashers, and more
- Toddler tested and proven stronger
- One-time snap lets you customize strap length for your needs
- Easy, adhesive attachment
- Easy to assemble - no drilling required
- Customizable strap length
- Dual press release – adhesive backing
- 2 pack
Brand: Safety 1st
Item model number: HS033
Product Type: Appliance Safety
Item Weight: 0.16 ounces
Product Dimensions: 6.7 x 1.2 x 0.8 inches
Number of Items: 2
Batteries Required: No
Care & Cleaning: Spot or wipe clean
Safety 1st Custom Fit Multi-Purpose Strap User Guide
Before You Begin:
- Read all instructions before installing.
- Remove all contents from packaging and discard box, and/or poly bags.
- Lay out and identify all parts.
- Check for security after installation.
- To keep this product effective for as long as possible, avoid letting children see how you operate child safety devices. Watching you disengage a lock or latch could enable them to learn sooner how to defeat it.
How to Install
1. Clean and dry all surfaces first and then determine where to install strap. Keep in mind that the strap can extend up to 6” (15.24 cm).
2. With Part 2 open, adjust the length of the strap to fit desired location.
3. Snap shut Part 2 over strap. Notches should fit in grooves to secure closure.
4. Remove paper backing from adhesive on Parts 1 and 2 and attach strap assembly to desired area. Press to adhere.
5. To open, squeeze two buttons together on Part 1 and remove strap. To relock, snap Part 1 back into place.
NOTE: Allow adhesive to cure for 24 hours before use.
How to Clean
- Wipe with a clean, damp cloth.
How to Remove Permanently
- Carefully pull edges of strap. Wipe off adhesive with a soft cloth and warm soapy water or roll adhesive off of surface with fingers and clean the surface according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
CAUTION: Safety 1st Custom Fit All Purpose Strap is only a deterrent. It is not a substitute for proper adult supervision. DO NOT use this product if damaged or broken. These products are not toys. DO NOT allow children to play with them. Not suitable for stoves and ovens, as a window lock or for use on interior or exterior doors. When possible, install out of reach of children. FOR INDOOR HOME USE ONLY.
Why Buy Safety 1st Custom Fit All Purpose Strap 1 & 2 Pack from Child Safety
Cleaning supplies in cabinets, knives in dishwashers, and other appliances can pose a danger to your toddlers or small children. By preventing your children from being able to access these areas will make your home a safer place. With these Safety 1st Customer All Purpose Straps, you’ll feel confident knowing your cabinets and appliances are safely secured.
These all-purpose straps can be used anywhere you want to prevent your child access to. These child safety straps require a one-time snap adjustment and can be adjusted to any length. They have an adhesive backing and are very easy to install and use, no hardware required.
Check out our product review video and read real customer reviews. If you have additional questions out child safety experts are available to answer any questions you have about child safety products and to help you decide on what products are best for your home.
Child Safety Store is your one-stop source for any infant and child home safety products.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I use this on any type of material?
Yes. The adhesive will stick to just about any surface.
Will this product take the finish off of wood cabinets?
To safely remove this product, use a blow dryer on low heat to soften the adhesive then use dental floss or fishing line to slide between the adhesive and the furniture surface to break the seal and remove.
Can these be used to keep furniture from tipping?
No. That is not what these are designed for. There are products specifically designed to prevent furniture from tipping over.
Can I use this multi-purpose strap on a stainless-steel kitchen garbage can?
Yes. You can use this strap onto almost any surface.
Can I use this to prevent furniture from tipping?
No. These straps are not designed as furniture straps. We recommend using Safety 1st Furniture Wall Straps instead. You can buy it here.
Can I use this outside?
As per user guide, these straps are for indoor home use only.
How can I safely remove these locks without ruining our furniture?
You can use a blow dryer on low heat to soften the adhesive. This will help easily remove the strap. Wipe off adhesive with a soft cloth and warm soapy water or roll adhesive off of surface with fingers and clean the surface according to manufacturer’s recommendations.