Window Wedge - Cresci Products - 2 Pack
The Window Wedge with the Slip-Resistant Base, was designed and tested to act as an Adjustable Window Stop for double hung, single hung, and horizontal sliding windows. The Window Wedge is made of durable, impact resistant, ABS Plastic and has a tapered groove on the bottom that holds a strip of (Velcro® Brand) hook material that mates with an 8 inch strip of (Velcro® Brand) peel and stick loop material.
The loop material easily attaches to the window frame (See Directions) without the use of tools. The Window Wedge is then placed over the loop strip and pressed down at the desired window opening location.
NOTE: For Child Safety, maximum window opening should not exceed 4 inches. For a Quick Reference, the Window Wedge® package is 4 inches wide as shown in the Installation drawing.
This product is not a substitute for Adult Supervision. Never leave a child unattended.
SOLD IN PACK OF 2 (2 WEDGES PER PACKAGE)
- Added child safety at home
- Made of durable and impact resistant ABS plastic
- No tools required – no drilling or srewing into window frames
- Quick and easy hook and loop installation
- Adjustable window stop that is installed on the inside of Double Hung, Single Hung or Sliding Horizontal Windows
- Easily removable from the inside of the window in case of an emergency
- With a slip-resistant base
- Made in the USA
- Brand: Cresci Products Window Wedge
- Type: Window Child Safety
- Material Type: Abs Plastic
- Material Composition: Lead-Free
- Color: Multicolor
- Age Group: Toddler
Window Wedge Installation Instructions
- Do not attach to glass.
- Remove Window Wedge before opening window beyond the loop strip location.
- Close window. Clean surface before application. Peel off backing from 8 inch loop strip and place in center of upper window frame.
- Attach the Window Wedge onto the loop strip at the desired height. Open the window until it is stopped by the Window Wedge.
NOTE: For Child Safety, maximum window opening should not exceed 4 inches (101.6mm).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the dimensions of the Window Wedge?
A: They are ¾” wide. The window frame (stile) needs to be at least 3/4" in width to install the wedge.
Q: How do you attach the Window Wedge?
A: The Window Wedge comes with hook and loop strips with adhesive backing -- no nails, no screws, no tools required.
Q: Can they be quickly removed in case window is needed as a fire escape?
A: Yes, you can easily remove them in case of an emergency.
Q: Will this window lock work on old-fashioned wooden sash windows or only on modern aluminum windows?
A: Yes, this window stopper also works on wooden sash windows.
Q: My child’s room has very low windows, would he be able to pull the wedge off the hook and loop strips?
A: It depends on your child’s age and strength. If your child is 17 years old or a mini Superman, then he/she might be able to pull it off. Typically, though, it holds up to most children under 4 years old. Your child might be the next weightlifting Olympic gold medalist, however, so please note that this product is not a substitute for adult supervision. Never leave your child unattended.