• Helps keep dangling window blind cords out of child’s reach
• Retract excess blind cords with a simple turn of the wrist to prevent dangerous choking accidents
• Easy for parents to wind and release
• Does not interfere with use of blinds
• Made of durable plastic
• Brand: Safety 1st
• Type: Child Window Safety
• Material Type: Durable Plastic
• Material Composition: Lead-Free
• Dimensions: 6.2 x 5.6 x 3.6 inches
• Color: White
• Age Group: Toddler
How to Use
1. Slide cord between two posts on top cover.
2. Place base over cover, slide cord through side slots, and snap shut.
3. Wind up cord by turning cover clockwise until cord is at desired height.
4. To unwind, press tab on side of cover and turn counterclockwise.
5. To remove, pull cover from base and release cord.
6. Once Window Blind Cord Wind-Ups are in place, pull on cord above them to raise or lower blinds. If the cord is pulled below Window Blind Cord Wind-Up, the unit may pop open.
Although window blind cords might seem safe, according to the US Consumer Product Safety Commission 293 children were seriously injured or killed by window cords from 1996-2012. Even children who escape serious injuries could have been very close to strangulation, it’s an absolutely terrible thing overlooked which is why in 2015 it was in the top five hidden hazards in the home category on the consumer safety product website and that’s why Safety 1st designed the Blind Cord Wind-Ups for child safety.
Make your home a safer place for your children. Shop Safety 1st Window Blind Cord Wind-Ups here at Child Safety Store!
Q: How do Safety 1st blind cord wind-ups work?
A: The Blind Cord Wind Ups work by inserting the blind cord between the cover and base. Then the cover can be used to wind up the cord to the desired height. Detailed instructions with pictures also come on the package.
Q: Would this work for blinds with metal bead chains?
A: Unfortunately, it will not work for blinds with metal bead chains.