KidCo Universal Outlet Cover- White- 1pk, 3pk
Once your baby starts exploring your home, exposed outlets are a major concern. By preventing the insertion of objects into the outlet, it will prevent injury to your child.
This Universal Outlet Cover by KidCo comes in a 1 pack and a 3 pack. This universal outlet cover will fit on both a standard and decorator outlet. This item DOES NOT need to be removed each time you’d like to use the plug.
*This item does not substitute for adult supervision. *
- It automatically covers the outlet when plug is removed
- Easy to install; simply slide the cover to the side to plug in electric cord
- Works on both Standard and Décorator style outlets
- Prevents child injury from inserting objects into outlet
- Outlet safety covers are easy for adults to install, but difficult for kids to take out
- Available in 1 or 3 pack
- White color
- Brand: KidCo
- Type: Outlet Covers & Plugs
- Color: White
- Age Group: All Ages
- DO NOT use with two-prong ungrounded or GFI outlets.
- Turn off power to the outlet before installing.
- Remove the existing outlet plate.
- Determine the type of outlet. Standard outlets have one center screw hole. Decorator outlets have two screw holes.
- Once outlet type is determined, punch out one or two screw hole covers for appropriate installation.
- Place cover over the outlet and tighten the screw(s).
- Once installed, check the sliding cover to ensure it returns automatically. Loosen screw slightly until it does.
- Insert plug tips into cover slots.
- While pressing in gently, slide plug and cover to one side until the plug is completely into the outlet.
- When the plug is removed the cover will automatically return.
KidCo Universal Outlet Cover works on both standard and decorator style outlets. It automatically covers the outlets when plug is removed. Shop KidCo Universal Outlet Covers today, here at ChildSafetyStore.com. We are parents’ go-to resource for tools to turning your hazardous home into a safe haven for toddlers and babies.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does this cover go over the existing outlet cover or do you have to remove the base cover?
Answer: This product requires removing the exiting outlet plate and installing it as a new outlet cover.
Will this accommodate a large plug?
Answer: The KidCo Universal Outlet Plug Cover is wider at the bottom (near the wall) 2 3/4 inches and narrower near the top 1/ 3/4 inches by 4 3/4 long by 2 3/4 deep.
Is it difficult for an adult to remove the cover once it is locked into place?Answer: It can easily be removed by an adult but difficult for a child to remove it.