Safety 1st Outlet Cover with Cord Shortener
The Outlet Cover with Cord Shortener by Safety 1st stores up to 4 feet of cord depending on thickness and helps keep curious little hands away from potentially-dangerous electrical outlets. By covering the entire outlet, the cover keeps any excess appliance cords off the floor.
Safety 1st Outlet Cover with Cord Shortener has a dual press and release design that is child resistant and easy for adults to use by simply pressing both side tabs at the same time, while gently pulling the cover off. The Outlet Cover with Cord Shortener kit includes a replacement wall plate and cover. To clean the cover, remove the cover and wipe it with a damp cloth and allow it to dry.
- Ideal for outlets in use
- Prevents children from accessing power outlets and prevents cord entanglement for total protection
- Covers the entire outlet and secures excess cord which makes the area look less cluttered
- Child resistant dual press and release design
- Protect cables and cords, shorten them, hide them or just keep them neat in the home
- 1 piece set - This kit includes one replacement wall plate and cover. A flat-head screwdriver is needed for installation. The item fits only with standard plug
- Brand: Safety 1st
- Type: Outlet Covers & Cord Shorteners
- Color: White
- Age Group: All Ages
- Remove the existing outlet cover plate.
- Place the backing plate onto outlet and screw it in firmly.
- You’ll now be able to plug in any electrical device and wrap any excess cord around the outer edges.
- Take the outlet cover and secure it onto the new outlet plate
*A flat-head screwdriver is required for installation*
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does it prevent the baby from pulling the cord out or just covers the outlet?
Answer: This will cover the outlet, as well as shorten the cord. This will not completely cover the cord though, so there is a chance that the baby can still access some cord to pull.
How do you mount this? Is it screwed to the wall or does it stick like a sticker?
Answer: You need to remove the standard outlet plate and replace it with the outlet cover.
Will this work with a thick cord like a power strip?
Answer: Yes this will work with a thick cord but it would work best with one that is flush against the outlet. If the plug sticks out too far it is tough to bend the cable back and get the cover on.
Could this fit over an appliance outlet?
Answer: Whether the Outlet Cover with Cord Shortener will fit over your appliance outlet will depend on the outlet size. The Outlet Cover will fit standard outlet plates that are approximately 3.5" wide and 5.25" high. The cover has a depth allowance of 2.75".
Will this cover the standard window ac unit plug?
Answer: Whether this will cover the AC unit plug will depend on the size of the plug. The dimensions for this cover are 3 x 3.6 x 6.5 inches. The cover has a depth allowance of 2.75".
Will it work outdoors?
Answer: The Safety 1st Outlet Cover with Cord Shortener will fit standard size outlets. It is NOT weather proof and would not prevent an outlet from getting wet.